FYI... SUSE 10.1 trashed my XP partition.
- From: Noozer <dont.spam@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:58:16 GMT
Just an FYI post for anyone who's looking at doing an install...
120Gig PATA hard drive. Was originally just one large NTFS partition, with
only about 20gig in use (and defragged). Installed SUSE 10.1 (x86_64) and
told it to resize the NTFS partition to 55gig, create a 1.5gig swap file
and the remainder as /.
The installation proceeded without any problems, except that instead of
resizing my XP partition, it trashed it. I ended up with an 8.4gig NTFS
partition and 41.5gig free space. The swap and / partitions were created as
Fortunately I was smart enough to create an image of my XP partition
beforehand, so no big deal.
Just though that I might save someone a bit of grief. If someone knows why
this happened, I'd like to know.
- Prev by Date: Re: Making your own distribution
- Next by Date: Re: FYI... SUSE 10.1 trashed my XP partition.
- Previous by thread: Mounting SMB shares...
- Next by thread: Re: FYI... SUSE 10.1 trashed my XP partition.