Updating Open office

Yesterday, I noticed that OpenOffice has an update available to v.1.03
After downloading the package and unzipping and untarring it, I decided to
do a "clean install" so deleted my present v1.02 Open Office and the
associated "OpenOffice_org-gnome" and "OpenOffice_org-kde" packages.
Perhaps this was a mistake? I did the install from the RPM sub-directory,
but then discovered that I had no entries in my KMenu for OpenOffice.
Fine, I'll just put them back from the original CD. When I did this, it
gave me an error message which told me of an incompatibility, so I checked
the recommended place, and it proceeded to uninstall v1.03, and put back
v1.02!!!

This morning, my friendly Zen Update reminder told me that there were four
updates for OpenOffice, and I told it to go ahead. After a lengthy
download and installation, I still show that I am running v1.02???
Did I cause this by my uninstall of the earlier version. If so, is there a
way to get v1.03 back, and have it appear on the KDE and Gnome menus?

Thanks,

Godzilla

  • Re: www.stopannoyingpopups.com nsdlua.exe trojan?
    ... >>The rug rat managed to install a program called nsdlua.exe a couple of ... >downloading 'marketing domains and/or banner ads to block' type ... and said he got rid of it. ... it left an "uninstall" in Windows\System ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How to convert plain ASCII text file to RTF?
    ... > that is much easier to install and learn than the above. ... Hmm, that sounds better than downloading all of OpenOffice, but still ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Outlook2007 and ActiveSync4.5
    ... Activesync problems are never the fault of Outlook. ... Try downloading the latest version from Microsoft Downloads, then uninstall ... your version and install the one you just downloaded. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Vector Graphics
    ... Open "Old uninstall" folder and paste the files. ... You will now be able to install all the troublesome components. ... >I have tried installing IE but each time I do it stops while downloading ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Javas site was no help w/removing or installing
    ... I tried all the java help suggestions. ... I even downloaded the Windows Install Clean Up...that was no use. ... Like was suggested, if you know the version you had installed, try downloading it again, reinstalling, and then uninstall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)