Does Linux Support ATA PCI or Raid Controller Cards Out-of-the-box?

I intend to set up an old 1 GHz Pentium 3 as a dual boot with Windows and
Linux. I intend to install a hard drive larger than 137 GB and need a way
around this limit. There is no BIOS update available that will support 48
bit LBA. I could use driver overlay software but this will only fix the
problem in Windows. I think the best option is an ATA PCI card. Can anyone
confirm that one of these card will work with Linux and if a driver has to
be loaded separately?

  • Re: Can Windows attack my Linux
    ... >> However, I intend to get a new pc with two drives, one for Linux and one ... >> with Windows XP which my job needs because I occassionally need to boot ... >> Windows to run Internet Explorer to view a couple of websites I look ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Can Windows attack my Linux
    ... > I currently only use Linux and do not possess Windows in any shape or form. ... > However, I intend to get a new pc with two drives, one for Linux and one ... > Windows to run Internet Explorer to view a couple of websites I look after. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Beginner needs help...
    ... Yes, the platform is Windows XP, but I intend to make it available to ... Linux as well. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Slightly OT. Free software for Linux and Windows
    ... > I'm trying to compile a list of free software that works on both Linux and ... I intend to put it on a web page. ... > show that Linux can fit in with a Windows network. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)