Re: Suse 10.1
- From: Whitey Johnson <whitey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:38:00 -0500
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:06:08 +0000, Mr_Bill wrote:
I have it running!
My thanks to all the posts giving clues on how to do it.
What is the best way to enable all the multimedia stuff.
MPG, MP3, DIVX, DVD and so forth.
see the other posts about packman
Also I plan to add the nvidia proprietary driver.
Should I do that after I get the multimedia stuff going?
go ahead and do it first. you can't play cool games until you get it
get the driver from nvidia
you will need to get out of X to install it. From the login screen click
system at the bottom then i think it is login prompt (sorry I don't
want to logout to figure it out) then login as root and type "init 3" this
will stop the X server.
then check this out
Then when you are done do a "init 5" to get back to the graphical login
screen. You will know it works because you will see the nvidia splash
- Suse 10.1
- From: Mr_Bill
- Suse 10.1
- Prev by Date: Re: Houghi..............I found a new newsreader
- Next by Date: Setting up a ralink chipset Network Adapter in opensuse 10.1
- Previous by thread: Re: Suse 10.1
- Next by thread: Re: Suse 10.1