make: *** [init/version.o] Error 1 - Unable to make bzImage
- From: "NIck" <nick.kigs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 15 Jul 2006 18:37:28 -0700
Im running suse 9.3 and i downloaded the kernel 126.96.36.199 and installed
it in /home/nick/build/. I also did:
- make mrproper
- make menuconfig and configured the kernel
(I saved the configration as kernel-config )
- make clean
- make bzImage
After this last step, I get the following output:
nkiguta@linux:~/build/linux-188.8.131.52-test9> make bzImage
SPLIT include/linux/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
init/version.c:18: error: syntax error before "value"
make: *** [init/version.o] Error 1
make: *** [init] Error 2
Has anyone seen this before? IM basically trying to compile this new
kernel to use in learning to write device drivers.
I opened the file version.c and saw that theres a macro defined
version_string which has the same name as a function that comes right
under it. Is this the problem and how do i fix it w/out messing up any
other code that depends on either the macro or function? If not, how do
I fix this issue? Thank you so much!
BTW, I checked and verified that I have the correct versions of all
required tools for kernel compilation.
- Prev by Date: wireless network works in suse 10, but not suse 10.1
- Next by Date: Re: Houghi..............I found a new newsreader
- Previous by thread: wireless network works in suse 10, but not suse 10.1
- Next by thread: Firewire Support