Is SuSe ready for me yet?

I've tried Suse 8.2 and a previous one, on both occasions some
supposedly supported hardware took many days of fiddling around to get
going. When I tried to download progs from the net and install them,
the process was so involved and unintuitive (to me) I gave up.

Essentially I never want to need to learn to use a command line (glad
when it went out with MSdos). Now I'm sure people will call me a
"flatfish" etc. but I'm just an average home user who isn't really
interested in hobby computing. Is Suse ready for me or do I have to
wait another few years?