Re: Networkspeed

jan besar aka tuan wrote:
Hello there,

I am a newby with Linux, though I installed V 10 and it is running.
Compared to my windows system, the intenet connection is very low.
Where can I see/chnage what speed I am running on the Linux machine?
Both Linux and Windows internetconnecion rusn through a router.
Anybody out there who can give e a hint.
Kind regards,

Turn off IPv6. Most likely your provider can't handle it.

--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
Please go to : http://tinyurl.com/aqe6y (Google site)

  • Linux for a 386?
    ... but what's the best form of Linux I'd be able ... And is there any chance of being able to run some sort of GUI? ... there was some form of X Windows System back around the early 90s? ... internet connection with my other PC (celeron 366 with Red Hat ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • Using Python to shared memory resources between Linux and Windows
    ... resource between a linux and windows system?? ... both the Linux and windows are physically located on the same ... This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be ... If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Copying existing tapes to a disk "image"
    ... First I want a simple way to image the tapes and save ... Preferably on a Linux or Windows system. ... back to a disk file, then clean up after it's self... ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: College and Linux dont mix well :(
    ... My Windows system is highly stable. ... >> What do I DO when I have a network problem and I am using Linux? ... My computer, bought at the NYU bookstore, works out of the box. ... > stop mocking all of us small kids who can't read, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux or OSX?
    ... >>Keep your windows system and just install Firefox. ... >>which could make a Linux system less secure for you to use as you may ...
    (alt.computer.security)