Re: proper path to upgrade 10.1

On Sunday 20 August 2006 17:23, Angel Blue01
<angel_blue_co2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

Robert Hull wrote:
It seems apparent that you have not understood the difference between
the retail offering and the downloaded version.

Correct.

At least we have established that you don't know what you want, that's a
good start.

I understand the retail edition includes a dual-layer DVD9
with more packages than the opensuse download, so to save time I may
decide to pay for it.

So why then do you want to use a prior version?

Given your original question as to whether you can upgrade from 10.0 to
10.1 using the downloaded DVD, did you think that buying 10.0 on a dual
layer DVD would suddenly magic the newer versions onto your downloaded
single layer DVD?
--
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act
.