Re: proper path to upgrade 10.1

On Sunday 20 August 2006 17:23, Angel Blue01
<angel_blue_co2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

Robert Hull wrote:
It seems apparent that you have not understood the difference between
the retail offering and the downloaded version.

Correct.

At least we have established that you don't know what you want, that's a
good start.

I understand the retail edition includes a dual-layer DVD9
with more packages than the opensuse download, so to save time I may
decide to pay for it.

So why then do you want to use a prior version?

Given your original question as to whether you can upgrade from 10.0 to
10.1 using the downloaded DVD, did you think that buying 10.0 on a dual
layer DVD would suddenly magic the newer versions onto your downloaded
single layer DVD?
--
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act

  • Re: Writing DVD image with K3b
    ... I'm trying to burn a DVD of 10.2 onto a dual layer DVD +R, ... K3b is complaining about wasting more than 50% of the space ... The obvious is not to use double layer DVDs to burn. ... on download. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format
    ... fit onto a single ... layer DVD. ... CD to start an install through other media (LAN, web, ... etc.) or just download the iso's for the 5 Cd's. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Some thoughts about yum and repositories
    ... > can at least use a yum.conf if we can copy or download it. ... that yum can locate and download for you. ... When you want to add a new repository to your yum.conf, ... You can use a tool like wget to download packages ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Newbie needinhg a screen reader
    ... I need to download to have a working screen reader. ... have tried Vinux 3.0 but Ubuntu does not include modem support. ... Then you have to decide which graphic interface you want: KDE, gnome xfce or ... It is possible, and sometimes desirable, to use one DE but use packages associated with another DE. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Low cost PCB layout software
    ... >could not get either release to install. ... I then tried to download 4.11 and ... Other packages installed ok, ... >Eagle Cadsoft Can't download or install ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)