SuSE 10.1 -- Updates do not work
- From: Jess Jackson <jessjackson@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:39:43 -0400
I am relatively new at Linux in general and SuSE in particular but just
upgraded 3 PC's from SuSe 10.0 to 10.1. Two went flawlessly. But the
third will not connect to the update server or perform software updates.
If I run YAST and "Online Update Configuration," it brings up the
"contacting server" box but it never connects. I have a good working
Internet connection via a static IP. I can browse the Internet, send and
receive e-mail, FTP to the computer, and control it via VNC over the
Internet, so I do not think my problem is with my Internet connection.
Any help getting software updates to work would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Just Installed SuSE Linux 10.1
- Next by Date: Re: Where is ifconfig in SuSe 10.1?
- Previous by thread: Install Nvidia driver in 10.1, which package should I use ?
- Next by thread: Re: SuSE 10.1 -- Updates do not work