Re: Auto opening removable drives windows

Jan Stozek wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure, if I spoiled something in my SuSE 9.3, or it just
changed behaviour after a number of updates.

Until quite recently, when I entered a disk into my CD or DVD
drive,
my KDE launch an application or opend a konqueror window (two
windows, actually) with a contents of the disk. Now it simply does
not. I'm not sure if it's an option hidden somewhere, or something
screwed up after an update (was on a vacation leave and didn't use my
PC for some time).

I have almost all options checked in a suseplugger configuration
(with exceptions for Ipod, which I don't use anyway and k3b, which
annoyed me, as it did not check, if there is another copy already
running and made another copy run whenever I inserted a blank CDR
disk).

I use SuSE 9.3 with later updates and KDE 3.5.4 level a.

kdemultimedia3-mad-3.5.1-5
kdegraphics3-3.5.4-10.6
kdemultimedia3-mixer-3.5.4-9.4
kdeaddons3-kate-3.5.4-14.4
kdenetwork3-3.5.4-13.4
kdelibs3-doc-3.5.4-40.1
kdeutils3-laptop-3.5.4-9.5
kdegraphics3-tex-3.5.4-10.6
kdebase3-samba-3.5.4-19.4
kdepim3-3.5.4-10.6
kdebase3-SuSE-9.3-39.5
kdebase3-3.5.4-19.4
kdepim3-networkstatus-3.5.4-10.6
kdebase3-extra-3.5.4-19.4
lineak_kde-0.8.2+cvs-3
kdemultimedia3-sound-3.5.4-9.4
kdegames3-3.5.4-5.5
kdemultimedia3-midi-3.5.4-9.4
kdeutils3-3.5.4-9.5
kdebindings3-python-3.5.4-2.11
kdebase3-nsplugin-3.5.4-19.4
kdemultimedia3-jukebox-3.5.4-9.4
kdeartwork3-xscreensaver-3.5.4-9.5
kdegraphics3-pdf-3.5.4-10.6
kde3-i18n-pl-3.5.4-69.5
kdepim3-kpilot-3.5.4-10.6
kdelibs3-3.5.4-40.1
kdegraphics3-postscript-3.5.4-10.6
kdeutils3-extra-3.5.4-9.5
kdebase3-session-3.5.4-19.4
kdebase3-kdm-3.5.4-19.4
kdeartwork3-sound-3.5.4-9.5
xmms-kde-3.1-58
kdebase3-ksysguardd-3.5.4-19.4
kdenetwork3-news-3.5.4-13.4
kdeaddons3-konqueror-3.5.4-14.4
kdenetwork3-vnc-3.5.4-13.4
kdemultimedia3-CD-3.5.4-9.4
kdemultimedia3-3.5.4-9.4
kdegraphics3-kamera-3.5.4-10.6
kdepim3-sync-3.5.4-10.6

I'll be grateful for any hints.

Thank you very much and best regards.

--
Best regards,

(js).

PS. When responding directly, please remove a dash with all the
following letters.

This is a KDE Control module. -> Settings -> Peripherals -> Storage Media.
At least in 10.1. I think it's the same in 10.0 in the KDE Control Center.
You probably just need to click the 'Defaults' tab at the bottom.
Otherwise select the type of event and then set the behavior you want.
.