Re: Auto opening removable drives windows

Jan Stozek wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure, if I spoiled something in my SuSE 9.3, or it just
changed behaviour after a number of updates.

Until quite recently, when I entered a disk into my CD or DVD
drive,
my KDE launch an application or opend a konqueror window (two
windows, actually) with a contents of the disk. Now it simply does
not. I'm not sure if it's an option hidden somewhere, or something
screwed up after an update (was on a vacation leave and didn't use my
PC for some time).

I have almost all options checked in a suseplugger configuration
(with exceptions for Ipod, which I don't use anyway and k3b, which
annoyed me, as it did not check, if there is another copy already
running and made another copy run whenever I inserted a blank CDR
disk).

I use SuSE 9.3 with later updates and KDE 3.5.4 level a.

kdemultimedia3-mad-3.5.1-5
kdegraphics3-3.5.4-10.6
kdemultimedia3-mixer-3.5.4-9.4
kdeaddons3-kate-3.5.4-14.4
kdenetwork3-3.5.4-13.4
kdelibs3-doc-3.5.4-40.1
kdeutils3-laptop-3.5.4-9.5
kdegraphics3-tex-3.5.4-10.6
kdebase3-samba-3.5.4-19.4
kdepim3-3.5.4-10.6
kdebase3-SuSE-9.3-39.5
kdebase3-3.5.4-19.4
kdepim3-networkstatus-3.5.4-10.6
kdebase3-extra-3.5.4-19.4
lineak_kde-0.8.2+cvs-3
kdemultimedia3-sound-3.5.4-9.4
kdegames3-3.5.4-5.5
kdemultimedia3-midi-3.5.4-9.4
kdeutils3-3.5.4-9.5
kdebindings3-python-3.5.4-2.11
kdebase3-nsplugin-3.5.4-19.4
kdemultimedia3-jukebox-3.5.4-9.4
kdeartwork3-xscreensaver-3.5.4-9.5
kdegraphics3-pdf-3.5.4-10.6
kde3-i18n-pl-3.5.4-69.5
kdepim3-kpilot-3.5.4-10.6
kdelibs3-3.5.4-40.1
kdegraphics3-postscript-3.5.4-10.6
kdeutils3-extra-3.5.4-9.5
kdebase3-session-3.5.4-19.4
kdebase3-kdm-3.5.4-19.4
kdeartwork3-sound-3.5.4-9.5
xmms-kde-3.1-58
kdebase3-ksysguardd-3.5.4-19.4
kdenetwork3-news-3.5.4-13.4
kdeaddons3-konqueror-3.5.4-14.4
kdenetwork3-vnc-3.5.4-13.4
kdemultimedia3-CD-3.5.4-9.4
kdemultimedia3-3.5.4-9.4
kdegraphics3-kamera-3.5.4-10.6
kdepim3-sync-3.5.4-10.6

I'll be grateful for any hints.

Thank you very much and best regards.

--
Best regards,

(js).

PS. When responding directly, please remove a dash with all the
following letters.

This is a KDE Control module. -> Settings -> Peripherals -> Storage Media.
At least in 10.1. I think it's the same in 10.0 in the KDE Control Center.
You probably just need to click the 'Defaults' tab at the bottom.
Otherwise select the type of event and then set the behavior you want.

  • Re: [SLE] SUSE 10 boxed edition broken beyond ...
    ... > mention that there is no MP3 support on the retail DVD any more. ... For online updates, ... > plans to abandon SUSE exactly for that reason. ... update from KDE 3.4 to KDE 3.5 and it broke the KDE sound system. ...
    (SuSE)
  • SuSE updates policy?
    ... I am new to SuSE and want to know something about SuSE's updates policy. ... SuSE watcher have just reported that thera are some critical fixes for KDE ... Noticed also that spec files of some source RPM ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SuSE updates policy?
    ... > Do you mean that SuSE did not make KDE suplementary packages? ... They aren't official updates. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Hilfe! Konqueror nervt mit Aufdringlichkeiten!
    ... Ich habe das gleiche nervige Problem und alle bisherigen Tips ... SuSE 10.1 mit allen Updates einschließlich KDE 3.5.4 auf einem Intel ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde)
  • Re: how worth is it to have 9.2
    ... mjt wrote: ... i updated myself to kde 3.3 recently. ... going to be security updates comming for 9.1 users too. ... work in suse 9.0 but never worked in suse 9.1 and wondering if 9.2 helps on ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)