input/output error when accessing mounted samba share
- From: "Blade al'Slayer" <blade.alslayer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 12 Sep 2006 13:36:49 -0700
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Sorry to ask the same old question, but after hours spent in searching
for an answer, I found only more people having the same problem.
When mounting a Samba share with either 'mount -t smbfs' or 'smbmount',
I get i/o error whenever I access the share. This occurs when mounting
a share from the local machine running Samba 3.0.22 as well as when
mounting a remote share from another Linux box with Samba. Is far as I
can remember this did not happen when I tried to mount a Windows XP
share (I cannot confirm this, since the Windows machine is no longer
When I do some Etheral monitoring, I can only see that the connection
dies right after negotiation or user name and service.
Accessing the shares with the KDE IO Slave in Konqueror works
perfectly, as well as the smbclient interface.
The kernel is 2.6.16 and the smbfs module is loaded.
Thank you in advance!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Prev by Date: Re: Keep it up
- Next by Date: Re: ICON Problems
- Previous by thread: PodNova problems in OpenSUSE 10.1
- Next by thread: Belkinn wireless card reaches router but not Internet