HP Proliant SuSE 9.3 problems
- From: "dpd" <matthias.mm.schmidt@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 13 Sep 2006 04:29:27 -0700
I'm having lots of problems with SuSE 9.3 x86_64 on a brand new HP
Proliant DL145 G2-Server (dual opteron 252). Maybe someone out here
will be able to help?
The system clock gains about 18 hours per day on the hardware clock. I
tried deleting /etc/adjtime, cron-jobs which will synchronize the
system clock to the hardware clock every 5 minutes using hwclock
--hctosys and tried to use ntp. All to no avail.
After a couple of hours the machine will simply forget its
write-permission on mounted file systems: logins do not work and a
simple 'ls' will give "input/output error" . It's not even possible to
reboot the machine with 'reboot' or Ctrl-Alt-Del. All that's left is
pressing the power button.
Any ideas what else I should try?
Thanks in advance,
- Prev by Date: Linux driver for Lexmark P6250?
- Next by Date: Re: Suse 9.3 on ASUS P5LD2-VM SE
- Previous by thread: Linux driver for Lexmark P6250?
- Next by thread: Re: HP Proliant SuSE 9.3 problems