Re: WEBGUI CUPS username/password

On 2006-09-18 15:48, birre wrote:
On 2006-09-18 15:31, Mazilo wrote:
I need to configure my OpenSuSE-10.1 to print to my USR5461 USB Printer
Server / Router. According to the USR5461 User manual
(http://www.usr.com/support/5461/5461-ug/linux_printer.html), it
supports CUPS. So, when I tried to access Administration Taks on
http://localhost:631, I was prompted with a username/password
combination in which root/password on my system won't work. This CUPS
server has not been configured before and it is still a virgin one.
Does anyone know what username/password does CUPS for this
OpenSuSE-10.1 use?

lppasswd -g sys user

/bire

Sorry, correct this to:

lppasswd -a -g sys user

Or change the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf /admin section

/birre

  • Re: Log-on in Peer to Peer vs. Log-on in client/server network
    ... > up to be part of the SBS domain when they do start their PC's and log on ... > the server if they have the same username/password for the server? ... log to "local user account" instead you log into the Domain. ... to worry about having the same username/password, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ftp problem
    ... takes me straight into the web server. ... Can I clear what Windows has remembered so I get the ... Have you tried logging in from a command prompt? ... May at least prove if the username/password are ok and you can connect, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Outgoing Exchange (SBS) SMTP email not working with DynDNS Outbound service
    ... > party. ... Unless you're actually pulling mail down from this server, ... Default Recipient Policy and that *should* get that resolved. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Write File to Network Drive using Wi Fi connection
    ... As for the username/password issue. ... > If on each Server I created the share ReportsToPrint wouldn't this still ... >> If every server would have FTP running on it, then you could, in theory, ... >> FTP to send the data file to the server. ...
  • Re: WEBGUI CUPS username/password
    ... Server / Router. ... when I tried to access Administration Taks on ... server has not been configured before and it is still a virgin one. ... Does anyone know what username/password does CUPS for this ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)