problem with smbmnt after patch

Dear SUSE comrades,

Today I updated my SUSE Pro 10.1 with the latest patches, which
included some kernel patches.

I use SAMBA (client) to connect to some Window computers. A typical
command reads:

smbmount //dublin/c$ /smb/c \
-o
credentials=/home/norm/utilities/.smbpw,uid=norm,gid=norm,fmask=664,dmask=775

(The line beginning "credentials" is on the same line with the "-o" in
the shell file (called smbmt) I use to invoke this.)

This has worked well for years. Now, after applying the patch, I get
the error message

madison:/home/norm/utilities # ./smbmt
ERROR: smbfs filesystem not supported by the kernel
Please refer to the smbmnt(8) manual page

The manual page referred to isn't very helpful.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Norm
.