Re: XGL stopped working SuSE 10.1 after reboot

Scotty schreef:
I just installed/configured XGL/Compiz on SuSE 10.1 and it worked fine.
After I rebooted it, XGL is no longer working. I've reviewed
everything I did to get it running, and all seems to be exactly the
same (xorg and such). I'm kind of at a loss... I'm also pretty much a
newbie on linux, so I'm just looking for someone to point me in a
direction. Is there a command to start XGL?

Thanks in advance.

SA

Have you read this http://en.opensuse.org/Using_Xgl_on_SUSE_Linux? It
works for me and its looks nice too.

  • XGL stopped working SuSE 10.1 after reboot
    ... I just installed/configured XGL/Compiz on SuSE 10.1 and it worked fine. ... XGL is no longer working. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [opensuse] Re: SUSE 10.3 + ATI FireGL 5250 + Latest ATI driver = no 3D efects
    ... run that command. ... Checking for Xgl: not present. ... When I see this endless ATI hanky-panky, I always recommend to upgrade to an Nvidia Adapter. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Compiz on openSUSE 10.2 (x86_64)
    ... instead of xgl, use the native NVIDIA driver for 3D, run the following ... then run (always as root): ... from the command line.... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: XGL disabling?
    ... to the Ubuntu desktop I have seen... ... Running this command yields a "No such file or directory", ... and when it restarts Xgl has returned with it. ... seem to be anymore video or scrolling lag, ...
    (Ubuntu)