Re: Adding a new hard drive

Snorkelson MacBurp came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
moment ago in alt.os.linux.suse:

I want to add a new hard drive to my system, and I am looking for
documentation. All I seem to be able to find is how to transfer a system
onto a new hard drive. It's late, and I'm tired, and I'd like to get
cracking on this tomorrow. Anyone have any quick URLs they could point
me to.

easy way:

install drive;
start system;
run partition manager;
partition/format drive, set mount point (my data drives are mounted as LVM
blocks in /home/~/userland/ so they appear as a single partition spanned
across several drives);
done.

HTH :)
--
-*- Linux: Because restarts are for upgrades.
-*- Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose,
but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*- http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*- http://counter.li.org
-*- Microsoft XP is like a box of chocolates. You never know when the steel
bolts are going to spring out and plunge straight through both cheeks...
-*- We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
-*- Contemplating Knife -*- Which end do the bullets go in again?
-*- I can't wait to get to heaven and meet seventy virgins - I've yet to
meet *one* on *Earth*!
-*- For sale: one (1) Fender Phantom air guitar. £500 ONO
-*- For sale: one (1) Italian WWII bolt-action rifle. .303cal, never fired,
only dropped once. Offers.
-*- Hit every key to continue.
-*- "What sort of candle is this?" "Dee-nah-meetay. Must be Italian."
-*- That's it. No more coffee for *that* man!
.