Re: Adding a new hard drive

Snorkelson MacBurp came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
moment ago in alt.os.linux.suse:

I want to add a new hard drive to my system, and I am looking for
documentation. All I seem to be able to find is how to transfer a system
onto a new hard drive. It's late, and I'm tired, and I'd like to get
cracking on this tomorrow. Anyone have any quick URLs they could point
me to.

easy way:

install drive;
start system;
run partition manager;
partition/format drive, set mount point (my data drives are mounted as LVM
blocks in /home/~/userland/ so they appear as a single partition spanned
across several drives);
done.

HTH :)
--
-*- Linux: Because restarts are for upgrades.
-*- Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose,
but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*- http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*- http://counter.li.org
-*- Microsoft XP is like a box of chocolates. You never know when the steel
bolts are going to spring out and plunge straight through both cheeks...
-*- We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
-*- Contemplating Knife -*- Which end do the bullets go in again?
-*- I can't wait to get to heaven and meet seventy virgins - I've yet to
meet *one* on *Earth*!
-*- For sale: one (1) Fender Phantom air guitar. £500 ONO
-*- For sale: one (1) Italian WWII bolt-action rifle. .303cal, never fired,
only dropped once. Offers.
-*- Hit every key to continue.
-*- "What sort of candle is this?" "Dee-nah-meetay. Must be Italian."
-*- That's it. No more coffee for *that* man!

  • Re: changing a drive
    ... Ubuntu and I don't see a partition manager. ... two IDE drives, one master and the other slave for data. ... So the NEW master has sda2 as an LVM volume named "pve". ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Installing Photoshop Elements 5
    ... a partition manager, the program ... where to install the softwares. ... drives (we bought our first computer 5 yrs ago and all my kids were grown ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: changing a drive
    ... Ubuntu and I don't see a partition manager. ... one master and the other slave for data. ... I just want to make sure I identify the drives properly. ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: MSO Cache files
    ... Because I have two disks of equal size and the right-click menu hasn't got 'copy' as an option. ... the software is called EASEUS Partition Manager Home Ed Ver 2.0.1 Is this the one you have? ... If you have 2 drives, you don't need the Disk Copy program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: USB BOOT on Gericom???
    ... and before the blue screen with driver loading and installation ... I'd like to go to your solution - installing winxp from ... Okay you will need a partition manager first. ... works with 8GB drives or less called Ranish Partition Manager. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)