Re: Adding a new hard drive

On Monday 09 October 2006 22:45, David Bolt <blacklist-me@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

13) chown me.users /home/me

If you don't, 'me' won't be able to write to their home directory in
the new location[0]. Can't say for certain, since I've not yet tried
it, but it's probably redundant if you specify the UID/GID in
/etc/fstab.

Not needed when you copied using cp -a which preserves ownerships
--
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act

  • Re: Quite rediculous - root pass
    ... Does this keep your posts off the parasite in ... without my consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Acrobat plugin
    ... Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net ... is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Filter piped stream with sed or grep
    ... Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net ... is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Copy files using filenames from text files
    ... Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net ... is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Is SuSe ready for me yet?