Re: opensuse site download for 10.1

tlviewer wrote:
hello,

2 days ago I started this download
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.1/non-oss-dvd-iso/SUSE-Linux-10.1-Remastered-DVD-x86_64.iso

I'm using flashget on WinXP. The site seems to be having trouble or is
overloaded -- my speed is averaging about 30 kB/s. Something is wrong on
their end since I have a 10 MB/s connection.

I'm thinking of switching to torrent to finish the download. Will I be able
to use the 50% of the ISO that I have to
start with the torrent, or do I have to start over?

AFAIK this is the only location for the 10.1 ISO's -- there are no mirror
sites. If you know of one, help!

tia,
Mark

I downloaded the i386 dvd from ftp.utah.edu in about 1 hour 45 minutes.

Jim

--
Linux Websites Links http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7/linux.htm

  • Re: Thief 2014
    ... showed pictures, although it did allow you to turn off automatic loading ... If I'm calling someone a pirate I'll flat out say "You're a Pirate," I'm ... you use it make you look like a pirate even if you never download ... That equates to anyone who owns a torrent program is a pirate. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Thief 2014
    ... All of those features can be turned off or on in mine. ... If I'm calling someone a pirate I'll flat out say "You're a Pirate," I'm ... you use it make you look like a pirate even if you never download ... That equates to anyone who owns a torrent program is a pirate. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Live Spins
    ... Blaming torrent for the effects of bad content is like blaming UPS because you ordered one thing and got another. ... Torrent is safer than any download from a single site, because any one site can only corrupt a fraction of the overall content, and because there is a crc on every small part of the download. ... Unfortunately https only makes the connection secure, not the site or the content. ... hacking occurred on Windows sites serving the content, that you got a bad .torrent file, etc. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Live Spins
    ... UBA - Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales ... Blaming torrent for the effects of bad content is like blaming UPS because you ordered one thing and got another. ... Torrent is safer than any download from a single site, because any one site can only corrupt a fraction of the overall content, and because there is a crc on every small part of the download. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Live Spins
    ... Blaming torrent for the effects of bad content is like blaming UPS because you ordered one thing and got another. ... Torrent is safer than any download from a single site, because any one site can only corrupt a fraction of the overall content, and because there is a crc on every small part of the download. ... My original post was to inquire if the Developer spin was available via a straight download, not to discuss the pros and cons of torrents. ... I presently use OpenSolaris Developer Edition and would be very interested in comparing it to the Fedora Developer Spin. ...
    (Fedora)