Re: GIMP

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:18:06 +0200, Mads Skjern wrote:

darklight wrote:
Try this install smart package manager and install gimp 2.2.13-1 from
there it will take care of all the dependencies for you

Thanks, but I installed it via YAST, and there were no dependency errors.

The error is the same whatever user I try. Removing the .gimp directory in
my home folder activates the userinstall i.e. it creates whatever local
settings needed. After that situation is the same:

It is possible to start GIMP and create a new drawing with all functions
working.
Opening a jpg (haven't tried other formats)from inside GIMP or clicking on
a file, stops GIMP instantly with no error messages. It just vanishes.

I have tried the Windows solution, remove and reinstall, no change. Very
strange.

I may have missed this posting but what error messages do you get when you
start GIMP from an xterm or similar terminal?

Looking at man gimp, you will see quite a few options to help you debug
why it is behaving that way.

Try launching it from a terminal with the debugging option on and let us
know what messages you get.
--
James
*Note: Remove every other letter for correct email address

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Any chance of convincing Gimp to consider a .png as a valid saved image?
    ... save-export-clean.py file that I downloaded iaw the directions, ... diff reports that the files are identical. ... OK, if you open a terminal and start gimp from there, any error ... error messages, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Something stopping Gimp loading
    ... Gimp picture flashes on the screen briefly and then the load aborts. ... error messages will appear. ... Script started on Sun 18 May 2008 09:28:05 AM EDT ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] Shape it plugin
    ... >> I cannot for the love of me get the shape it plugin to compile! ... >> to start looking at the error messages and try to figure out what went ... it was originally written for gimp 1.0 ... > plugin written for an earlier gimp. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Scanner Support
    ... but this time I changed the receiving program name ... Gimp session, if that's a problem). ... file where the scanner program puts it. ... Same settings, same error messages? ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gimp)