Re: Total cost of ownership
- From: Chris Cox <ccox_nopenotthis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:47:26 -0600
Chris Cox wrote:
(openSUSE is exempt from the Microsoft tax... but perhaps is
guilty by association)
Yeah, more FUD. Let's do this one better. The whole OSS community gets
code from Novell, so they are guilty by association. No Linux anymore.
Mmm. Let us all go to Apple. Or didn't they get some money from
Microsoft as well? No Apple.
Well, then we should run SUN systems. Oh, darn, they had a deal with
Microsoft as well.
BSD? Well due to their licencing model, Microsoft uses some of their
software, so they did development for Microsoft. Darn. Can't use that.
I am working with a provider that uses Microsoft, so I can't use them
either. If you look closely enough, EVERYTHING is linked directly to
Now can we move on to technical stuff again? Thanks.
Sure... we can avoid the issue and pretend that it isn't
there... sure... we can do that...
Or... do you have an exact explanation for what the money that
you and I now pay (by buying SLES) goes to Microsoft for?
I apologize if that question is TOO technical for you.
- Prev by Date: Installing a Promise TX4 into a SuSE 9.3 system (SOLVED)
- Next by Date: Re: Nice comments on Suse and MS
- Previous by thread: Re: Total cost of ownership
- Next by thread: Re: Total cost of ownership