Drivers for Suse

I came from Windows and just had a brief question - where is the driver file
that contains the drivers for the system during installation and when new
devices are installed? In Windows there was the \WINDOWS\Driver
Cache\i386drivers.cab file and \WINDOWS\inf and \WINDOWS\system32\drivers
directory - where is it in Suse or Linux?

  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: [SLE] Rant -- SuSE 9.1 is Not a Home Desktop solution at all
    ... I had been told by numerous people that SuSE ... I have to admit that installation was an absolute breeze. ... >found, and installed, everything in my box way better than Windows ever has. ... I like Linux. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... easily or as well as with Windows? ... instead of in a single installation, ... as did the earliest editors and word-processing ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Question about Red Hat Linux Enterprise
    ... we have is running Windows 2000 Server ... Luckily running Apache + MySQL on a Linux system is not a lot ... MySQL database and injecting it back into the MySQL installation ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: DSL per Einwahl mit DOS
    ... sich mit Windows auskennt. ... Von Linux haben sie keine Ahnung. ... Und falls Du jemanden in ... dem dritten ist die Installation am einfachsten. ...
    (de.comp.os.msdos)