sles 10 problems

Hi all,

I've just installed SLES 10 on a server for a small local network.
Everything seemed to go OK, but I'm left with a couple of problems which
I've
not been able to solve (even with google!).

Problem 1.
Samba server is running on the system, but I can't map Win XP drive letters
the home directories in the SLES server.
It keeps asking for username & password (which are the same as on Windows).

Problem 2.
An application which users requires needs to connect via telnet (it can't
use SSH).
xinetd is running, and I've even turned the firewall off in case that was a
problem,
but I can't telnet from a WIN XP box. The error message it shows is:

telnetd: /usr/lib/mit/sbin/login.frb5 no such file or directory.

Could anybody set this amateur in the right direction please?

thanks in advance.
Ballpoint.

  • Re: sles 10 problems
    ... I've just installed SLES 10 on a server for a small local network. ... the home directories in the SLES server. ... An application which users requires needs to connect via telnet (it can't ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: inetd to take telnet request
    ... flavours of TELNET here - so I read on. ... I know about INETD only from long ago with the RS/6000 UNIX, ... server applications" in the CS IP Configuration Guide: ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Product for Running Embedded C# Application
    ... Telnet sessions or Web sessions with our Web server on the device and a lot ... There's a Telnet server available to Windows CE ... communicates with specific hardware and forwards data to a back end ...
  • Re: RDP access to SBS 2003 - HELP please
    ... Might I add that 'out of the box', when I first got the server it worked ... of it to the telnet prompt and quit. ... Try the remote desktop connection to see if it works. ... the effect that it can't connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 23. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Word Errors
    ... > I'm experiencing the same issue with OS X Server 10.3.3. ... > users who have home directories on a server. ... Move the Users folder back to the hard disk partition that contains Mac OS ... > networked drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)