Re: putty access

On 2006-12-21 16:37, Bob Iles wrote:
Alexander Swen wrote:
Hi Bob, have you checked the following:
1. ssh daemon running (ps axf | grep ssh) if yes: try netstat -ntlp |
grep 22 and then, try iptables -L to see your firewall settings.
then see if anything is blocked (sometimes, for example on some RedHat
installs a locked icmp proto can run you into problems)
I asume that you already checked your ip config and routes and so on?

I'm sorry that I didn't mention that ssh from another system
running Knoppix works fine and the putty session prompts
for a password but then says "Access Denied" and prompts again
for the password.

Thanks for your input
bob.

I have since years back disabled password authentication
to ssh due to all bozos who is trying to login.

/etc/ssh/sshd_config:
PasswordAuthentication no

So, the only way to get in is to use the private ssh-keys.

Maybe suse 10.2 now has this as default, and in this case
you must generate keys and add your public keys to
~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the suse box.

Also check that putty send the correct user, not USER or User.
(bob , not Bob , or whatever)

There is a key agent even for putty, I know other using it,
but I never use windows, so I don't know how they set it up.

/birre

  • Re: Startup
    ... to me> 'Large Keys/Small Keys' means just that... ... If> there is no documentation indicating that you get more keys and a bit> different operation, ... It certainly gives you the option of searching for text strings within files of any sort. ... I'd be surprised if you don't have a bob in your address book, but if you don't, try a name you know is in there. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Smaller key keyboards?
    ... called locater keys, and on the macs of old, they were located on ... down at the keyboard) on any other keyboard known to man would ... And they were on the Mac's d and k keys before PC makers put them on the ... After Apple relocated them to the f and j keys, BOB, I ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Smaller key keyboards?
    ... called locater keys, and on the macs of old, they were located on ... down at the keyboard) on any other keyboard known to man would ... And they were on the Mac's d and k keys before PC makers put them on the ... After Apple relocated them to the f and j keys, BOB, I ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Smaller key keyboards?
    ... called locater keys, and on the macs of old, they were located on ... down at the keyboard) on any other keyboard known to man would ... And they were on the Mac's d and k keys before PC makers put them on the ... After Apple relocated them to the f and j keys, BOB, I ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: SELECT COUNT, but only on the last 100 entries
    ... each setup with keys etc. ... Bob Barrows ... This email account is my spam trap so I ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)