Re: changing from KDE to Gnome

Mukotar wrote:
Timothy Scott Mathews wrote:
I'd like to give the Gnome desktop a try but can't seem to find out a
method for installing it. I've opened YAST and--at least I
THINK--looked at everything remotely connected to adding, modifying or
updating software. Do I need to do a total reinstallation of Linux
to change from KDE to Gnome?

No.. It's pretty easy:

- Go to Software Management in Yast.
- On the right side there is going to be a drop-down menu called "Filter".
SORRY!! I meant left side :)
-- Form that menu, select "Patterns".
- Select Gnome Base system.. (If you like it, you can install everything later by selecting gnome desktop environment)
- After install, select Logout
- At the login screen, click Session and select Gnome
- Enter your name and password to login to gnome!

That's IT!

  • Re: changing from KDE to Gnome
    ... Robert Hull schreef: ... I've opened YAST and--at least I ... updating software. ... Linux to change from KDE to Gnome? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: changing from KDE to Gnome
    ... I've opened YAST and--at least I ... THINK--looked at everything remotely connected to adding, modifying ... updating software. ... Linux to change from KDE to Gnome? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: changing from KDE to Gnome
    ... I've opened YAST and--at least I ... updating software. ... Do I need to do a total reinstallation of ... Linux to change from KDE to Gnome? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: changing from KDE to Gnome
    ... I've opened YAST and--at least I ... updating software. ... Select Gnome Base system.. ... After install, select Logout ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Wont complete bootup (gdm3 problem?)
    ... I think that is GNOME or GDM failing. ... xdm instead, which worked. ... Then all of the packages successfully configured. ... head scratching I ran 'apt-get install gnome', ...
    (Debian-User)