Re: Licenses for 10.2?

David Bolt wrote:
Heck, they could easily download the OSS CD images, use makeSUSEdvd and
use the resultant DVD image. It's just that you can't do that for them.

Sure you can. The isue is trademarking. Remove the trademarks with
rembrand and you have your own SUSE based distribution.
The best obviously is just to buy the bixes set for each branch. If that
amount is an issue, then there is much more to wory about then the
licence and the bill you need to pay the lawers.

Even SLED at 50USD should not be a real issue if you can afford lawers
to look at it.

Trademarks are a bitch. Novell MUST protect them or loose them. That
said, if you just install a mirror with what you need, you can
distribute all that you like.

Just burn all CD's that you care and hand them out. Novell is not realy
going to sue you over that.

houghi
--
It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

  • Re: Should we upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1
    ... When Novell makes security patches, ... Source code is made out of people! ... You've gotta tell them. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Creating to do lists
    ... A1 is the date of the opening. ... an extra field where you enter wether or not you have done what is ... Source code is made out of people! ... You've gotta tell them. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: FORTRAN
    ... I do not like that it updates stuff from external sites. ... type 'apt-get install package-name'. ... Source code is made out of people! ... You've gotta tell them! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Where can I find ISO of Suse 9.0
    ... Big Daddy wrote: ... > stuff on the CD is nothing you can't download for free from the internet or ... Source code is made out of people! ... You've gotta tell them! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Firefox version updates
    ... perceive this as "critique" against openSUSE and always reply with "you ... Most likely no idea about what the downside could be, ... Source code is made out of people! ... You've gotta tell them. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)