Re: Remote connection from Windows?

flarosa wrote:
Thanks,

<please do not toppost>

This is interesting - it works, in the sense that I can start a
particular program from the command line and have it appear as a
window.

However, what I'd really like to do is log in and see the whole
desktop. Is this possible?

Yes. First I sell you what I do. I just run putty from my windows box
and thendo all over CLI. Just as powerfull.
OTOH there also is FreeNX that you can install on your Linux machine.
That is available from openSUSE.

Then on your Winders machine, you install the client:
http://www.nomachine.com/download-client-windows.php

If you want to use NX instead of freeNX, you need to add Packman. I have
NO idea what the difference is.

This does not 'take over' an existing desktop. It will just create a new
one. I know software like that exists for Linux, yet I have forgotten
how it was called.

houghi
--
You can have my keyboard ...
if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

  • Re: At wits end - "No Audio Device"
    ... PnP enumerator then delete the registry entries and go through the steps to ... On the Registry Editor window select the Edit menu then select Find. ... something like Install Anyway. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bit Twister: Is this the dhclient-exit-hooks you were talking about?
    ... It lets you take a screenshot ... See slrn running in the term window? ... Redhat left the linux user community in the lurch awhile back ... She will go for that and then I can get on with the FC5 install that I ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Aluminum frame and replacement window problem - window.jpg (0/1)
    ... You cannot post pictures directly to a.h.r. ... I can install the one I didnt ruin and use the aluminum frame as the stop. ... look different than the replacement window that will be next to it. ... sash out, a bit, and slide some kind of moisture barrier ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: At wits end - "No Audio Device"
    ... start from scratch but not sure I'm up to a full install:( ... the Plug and Play Software Enumerator so I reinstalled it with the Add ... Open the Add Hardware wizard and select Next on the Welcome window. ...