Re: Licenses for 10.2?
- From: imotgm <imotgmREM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 02:24:49 -0600
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 07:44:38 +0100, houghi wrote:
I just hope you're taking good notes. Seems like every time progress is
made with the trademark logos, something comes up in the text that mentions
SUSE. Makes one appreciate the work they did on creating CentOS from RHEL.
Are you doing this all with scripts, other than the actual artwork? If so,
will you make the scripts available on opensuse.org, or
opensuse-community.org? I'd be interested in seeing your total approach,
and I'm sure others would also.
opensuse-community.org? What is that? I also do not see anything there
that could not be on openSUSE itself. To me it looks like Yet another
Wiki Page. If they would focuss on things that are NOT allowed on
openSUSE.org, lice codecs and such, then I would agree and happily work
Now I see that people writing for opensuse-community.org won't spend
that time writing for openSUSE.org itself. The fact that they completely
disrespect trademarks does not help either.
The scripts are already public. Look at the "Short version" of the
* Download the ISOs you desire
* If you need extra RPM's, download them
* Run makeSUSEdvd -i [any other parameter]
* Run rembrand -b "#FF00FF" -R /tmp/pink_rpms *.rpm
* Edit, remove and change anything you desire
* Run makeSUSEdvd -C
Fun part: rembrand can't keep its Changelog up to date, because David is
working overtime on this. :-D
Obviously you could put the above into a script. Things you will need to
make it 'complete'
1) Someone who can make alternative images.
2) Do some serious additional changes, so there will be a need to
download. e.g. include MPlayer and such. That can be easily done by just
adding Guru and Packman as repo's. To do that in a nice way, the keys
should be included, so you do not get a warning when downloading.
This is excellent. Somewhere I got the idea that David was doing this as an
after rembrand thing, rather than as bug fixes to rembrand. Obviously I
missed some part of the discussions. Silly me. ;P
Thanks for setting me straight.
"Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a
month or two, but never lost."
- Prev by Date: Re: Ripping MP3's ???'s
- Next by Date: Re: How to get Kaffeine to play mpegs?
- Previous by thread: Re: Licenses for 10.2?
- Next by thread: Re: Licenses for 10.2?