Re: New user

jean-luc wrote:
Congratulations, saying so you discourage anyone to switch to Linux from
Windows.

They should do so because THEY want to, not because I want them to.

You objectively are a friend of Bill Gates.

No. Indifferent to the person.

It is possible to use Linux without never using the command line, if you
install Suse (or Fedora or Mandriva) on HD.
For installing programs it is sufficient to use a packet manager, for
instance (in Suse) Smart.
Download from:
ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm
these files:
smart
smart gui
smart addons
ksmarttray
right click on every file:
Install with Yast
Now open Smart and install programs you want. Before you must download
programs by Smart and then install them by this packet manager.
It is better not installing programs you downloaded without Smart.
It is simple.

Also easy to install Smart that comes with openSUSE already.

houghi
--

This space left blank intentionaly

  • Re: [SLE] download suse
    ... > I want to download and install suse from suse's website. ... I got the little boot iso, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Reformatting/upgrading my distro...
    ... I don't have any dependencies. ... You can just install things ... slackware binary packages so you end up either using rpm --nodeps (rpm is ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Virtual PC 2007 and 2007 SP1 - One Buggy Program
    ... For a project I had to install Windows ... This happened on a dual core processor machine running ... errors while installing programs; ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: SUSE 9.0 install from hard disk
    ... I have a full download of the i386 distribution tree from ... If you do not have this possibility or want to install SUSE ... > LINUX on one host only, perform the FTP installation as described above. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Reformatting/upgrading my distro...
    ... Right now I'm using Mandrake 8.2, but my install is old enough that ... The current distros I'm entertaining are Mandrake (or ... machine running the *other* OS for playing games. ...
    (alt.os.linux)