Re: 10.1 updates

noi wrote:
Thanks. Really not sure what happened with the updates but I know I don't
like zmd. I'll dl the remastered and probably reinstall sometime after
backups.

I have no real experience with zmd and I don't use it.

But, IIUC, 10.1 remastered is preferred to 10.2?

Why would that be? 10.1 remsterd (and what is online now) is just a
standard 10.1 with uodates till a certain period. Wether you install the
original 10.1, then do a YOU or install a remasterd 10.1 and then do a
YOU, you end iup with the same system.

10.1 also has a little shorter (8 months) shelflife then 10.2 and is 8
months of development older.

houghi
--
You tried, and you failed, so the lesson is, never try. - Homer J. Simpson.

  • Re: [opensuse] frustration and suggestions
    ... then shtuff lapses into an almost predictable pattern of ... Re zmd, I have not had the trouble I had with it in 10.1, so zmd ... installed, it was removed from the initial install. ... and more "programmers". ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Beagle Configuration
    ... I have found that on 10.2 you can choose not to install zmd at all in ... When I followed the suggestions of removing ZMD, Nokia-pilot, etc. the ... that ZMD has a software remover, but didn't I just get away from that? ... Is there another or is the YaST2 delete ok? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: newer kernel on openSuSE 10.2?
    ... PnP in the BIOS and ACPI in the kernel). ... ZenWorks and ZMD are used to install updates. ... Some people install smart in 10.2 for updating. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] rug takes more than one hour and a half to install a single package...
    ... I decided to give rug and zmd a try. ... Instead of starting Yast to install a ... with rczmd start). ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] ZMD timeouts?
    ... After all the initial problems with the cd version of the hated zmd, ... However, today I have a large number of new updates to install (kernel, ... 14 Sep 2006 18:09:09 INFO RedCarpetBackend Loading installed packages ... 14 Sep 2006 18:09:21 INFO RedCarpetBackend Finished updating patch status ...
    (SuSE)