Re: mountable DVD image
- From: houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:08:16 +0100
Yes, that's it. Right now I don't have a DVD burner, but I do have a DVD
drive. I would like to create image backups and mount those images as if
they were physically a DVD. I do this with CDs using iso image files and
the mount ISO service menu (KDE).
Now I am even more confused. So you want to create a DVD iso? Just use
the same software are you use for you CD iso's. The only difference I
realy noticed is that a CD is smaller then a DVD.
Mounting then can be done by `sudo mount -o loop dvd.iso /mount/point`
Or am I missing the obvious here?
Quote correct (NL) http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/
Zitiere richtig (DE) http://www.afaik.de/usenet/faq/zitieren
Quote correctly (EN) http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
- Prev by Date: Re: make kernel
- Next by Date: Re: Switched from 10.1 to 10.2 - but not so happy
- Previous by thread: Re: mountable DVD image
- Next by thread: Re: mountable DVD image