Re: Opera on suse 10.2 media problems

google01013 wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:15:14 -0400, toedipper
<send_rubbish_here734@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I posted this on Opera linux newsgroup but there seems to be tumbleweed
over there.

Suse 10.2, Opera 9.2 build 638

Can anyone tell me how to get opera to play the media on this page?

If you go to

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal

and then on left hand side click on Commentaries link. A window pops up
and it should have a media control at the bottom which plays the
streaming audio.

The window pops up ok in Opera but I don't get any audio.

It plays ok in Firefox using the mplayer plugin, is there anything
equivalent for Opera under linux?

Cheers,

toe

Maybe it's not that they're "tumbleweeds" may be they figure this is
just a form of SPAM to get traffic to a gambling site

--OpenSuse 10.2 x64, KDE 3.5, Opera 9.x weekly

not at all google

search my name and you will see that I have posted on this group here
many a times.

how dare you!

  • Re: Opera on suse 10.2 media problems
    ... I posted this on Opera linux newsgroup but there seems to be tumbleweed ... streaming audio. ... It plays ok in Firefox using the mplayer plugin, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Opera on suse 10.2 media problems
    ... I posted this on Opera linux newsgroup but there seems to be tumbleweed ... streaming audio. ... It plays ok in Firefox using the mplayer plugin, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Youve Been Using Ketchup Cups Wrong
    ... When I was a little girl, people dressed up to see plays, opera and ballet, but they are dressing down, these days. ... You make a good point, about the men in suits, their women like to dress them up, because they enjoy dressing up, themselves, and they want their husband to match. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Opinions on Legeti
    ... Its Ligeti...György Ligeti, to ... opera, "Le Grand Macabre" is, to my mind, the most important opera ... His plays were anchored in surrealism...and much talked about in his ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • realplayer & mozilla
    ... with Opera and click on a Audio/video it opens RealPlayer and plays as it ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)