Xwindow remote control
- From: antzj@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 18 May 2007 06:29:48 -0700
still a newby to linux so hear goes...
trying to remote control via windows xp pc - vnc viewer onto
xwindows... having a few problems...
runing the following Linux SUSE version...
Linux av-update 2.6.5-7.139-smp #1 SMP Fri Jan 14 15:41:33 UTC 2005
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
trying to create a remote control onto xwindows session on thsi box
via putty and vnc...
on the linux server i ran 'startx' which gave me the kde desktop
from my windows pc I ssh'd onto linux box with root user
run vncserver (display :1)
on my windows pc I open vnc viewer
connect to linuxserverip:5901
once i connect nothing happens.. my vnc window dissapears and that's
it... no xwindow session.
problem here is i can see the connection established on with 'netstat -
a |more' command on linux..
soon as i kill my vncserver connection on linux i get a message from
vnc that i've been disconnected...
thanks in advance.
- Prev by Date: Help! Yast not launching (openSUSE 10.2)
- Next by Date: Re: Help! Yast not launching (openSUSE 10.2)
- Previous by thread: Help! Yast not launching (openSUSE 10.2)
- Next by thread: Re: Xwindow remote control