Re: Samba smb.conf Example for Linux Work Station in a Windows Domain

"Jan Gerrit Kootstra" <jan.gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
pestocat wrote:
I'm looking for an example of a smb.conf file for a Linux work station
running Suse 10.2 in a Windows domain. I want to be able to connect to
printers in the Windows domain. The Linux box will not be used for a
server, at least for printers. Is there an example of a smb.conf file
that I could use to configure for printing in the network. I've looked at
Samba-By Example.pdf but don't see what I need.
Thank you,

Pestocat,

smb.conf is a server configuration, not a client configuration file.

Just use yast to configure printers, where you can use samba as the
printing protocol.

Best regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

Jan,
Is there anything I need to do in the Samba setup. Is everything disabled
and then use Yast to set up the printer.
Thank you

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • lose access to printer and faxes menu
    ... Windows Domain with a Windows SBS 2003 server. ... one of my staff said she could no longer print. ... I tried to open printers and faxes through start menu. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • [SLE] Cups question (probably RTFM)
    ... I can use YaST to configure my printers ... but I am having trouble using the web interface (eg. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Problem to add a network printer.
    ... >or samba shares at your wourk place. ... I share samba or windows printers and files either at home or at my ... >I was able to configure with YaST my home printers as network printers. ... >I'd to save the previous configuration files then erase them in order to ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: cups error
    ... Dody wrote: ... > When I start printers in Yast I get the error of: ... > CUPS daemon died during initialization. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)