Re: netpbm Graphics Converten

Hi John

AFAIK its still a CLI mode pgm only. ie run it in a terminal box.

Note also that netpbm as a program doesnt actually exist. It is a
collection of pgms in /usr/bin, eg /usr/bin/pbmtoepson. There are man
pages for the individual programs.

Have a look at /usr/share/doc/packages/netpbm and the associated doc
directory on how to use it..

It is great for processing lots of images through a shell script and
accepts pipes like you wouldn't believe!

Cheers Bob

John Bowling wrote:

Per Yast and software management, netpbm and libnetpbm are installed on
my system (10.2) [blue check mark]. It does not show up in the KDE menu
under graphics (or anywhere else) and typing netpbm into a terminal in
user or su mode it cannot find it. It's not present in /bin or /sbin.
Also there is no man page.

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)
  • Re: Some Contradictory Claims in SR:
    ... You said the length of a moving ruler can ... So give me some reference where the length of a moving rod is measured ... Ken Seto ...
    (sci.physics)