Re: New Scanner

Zach wrote:

Just purchased/connected a new HP F380 printer/scanner/copier to my SuSE
10.2 machine but can't get the scanner to work. The printer portion works
great and it goes through the motions of connecting the scanner (there is
driver for it) but the tests always fail. It comes back w/ an error
saying
Sane is not installed, which it is. Is this just a case of a
multi-function printer not working regardless of the configuring or is
there a workaround for it? I read the notices about using HP all purpose
printers but it sounded like it *should* work. Any pointers/information
appreciated. Thanks!

Zach
http://www.sane-project.org
I'm afraid that there is no support for this model, but ask on the sane
mailing list, because there will be people who could perhaps help. Send
complaints to hewlett packard. They should provide drivers for linux.
taco

  • Re: [opensuse] Kooka|Sane and Network scanner
    ... found a way to use sane with the network scanner function. ... I don't know about a standard protocol how to access a scanner ... You need a driver for SANE ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Adding a SANE dirver in YAST
    ... I did find a driver at SANE Bbut, ... > It is not easy to add a new SANE driver to the YaST ... > scanner configuration. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Brother MFC-8890DW printer
    ... my router using a wireless setup on my home network. ... PostScript driver to work with this printer, ... All front-end sane programs ... Again in your case, the scanner ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • HP ...
    ... hp 4300c xp scanner software ... hp 4315 download free driver ... hp 4315 uses ink cartridges ...
    (rec.bicycles.racing)
  • Re: Scanner not showing up in Control Panel/Scanners and Cameras
    ... shared with the scanner files. ... Windows XP install to correct the problem may be neccassary. ... Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. ... At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: ...