Re: Firefox version updates

houghi wrote:

Godzilla wrote:
I am wondering if it would be worth it to download v 2.04 again and
attempt to install it where my 2.03 is living or just wait around
for Firefox to give me the "automatic update" that it should do?

What is the advantage over 2.0.0.2Pre I am currently running? I see
the latest version is 2.0.0.4 and I can't get away from the feeling
that there is no actual advantage.

houghi

According to the Firefox website, there are four security issues that
have been fixed in the new version. We are constantly playing cat and
mouse with security on our machines. I, for one wish that I could
just use my computer to get tasks done, but there are many
individuals who spend their waking hours trying to create mischief.

Godzilla

  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] IE is just as safe as FireFox
    ... little happier running windows. ... Back on topic though, IE is no where near Firefox for security, however, ... More infinate wisdom there Rafel. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: OT: Computers
    ... We need a serious change in the security paradigm. ... remediate all 40 on his own weekend time just because he's the one stuck ... And Firefox alone has grabbed a *huge* chunk of Explorer's market over the past two years. ... PS: perhaps one of the shifts will be having PCs with locked hard drives that just contain the basics: the OS, a browser, etc... ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
    ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
    ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Where is the notificiation about IE zero day vulnerablity?
    ... >> protected your Firefox web client. ... >> the popular web site written a thing about it. ... this is a serious a security hole as there ... > about how it was poised to be the one browser to finally beat Microsoft at ...
    (microsoft.public.security)