Re: Newbie Help. System no longer boots.
- From: Ron Gibson <rsgibson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:11:59 GMT
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:23:12 +0000, EOS wrote:
why so long?
just put installcd 9.1, boot, install, repairmode, and let yast do the
of was SuSe 9.1 not ready to repair that stuff when booting the installcd?
DISCLAIMER: Small talk follows.
I've only had my installation a few weeks and frankly my boot-install
DVD is in my desk workheap somewhere here.
How would you rate the repair utilities on their install media?
I always use the Slax CD myself no matter what the distro because the
solutions almost always can be done from the command line and the Slax
CD has just all the right tools plus a KDE desktop if you need that too.
For general purposes it's a handy tool. I have a stack of about 10 CD's
of all utilities like Slax, GParted, Acronis, Drive Image and Partition
Magic, etc that handle this type of problem.
Linux Help: http://rsgibson.com/linux.htm
Email - rsgibson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Replace borg with net
- Prev by Date: Re: Dell Dimension E521 problem with 7300LE graphics
- Next by Date: Re: lp vs lpRng
- Previous by thread: Re: Newbie Help. System no longer boots.
- Next by thread: Re: Newbie Help. System no longer boots.