Re: openSUSE 10.3 Alpha 5 released

houghi wrote:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2007-06/msg00004.html
All download is 8 CD's. There are also 1CD installs for KDE and GNOME
and also an installation from Windows.

For the last three testers are wanted and needed. Please read the above
URL with the complete anouncement.

Understand that this is Alpha and should be handled as such. After
testing, feedback to bugzilla please.

I was unable to run the 1CD installation under Parallels. Have not tried
it with an ISO.

Also now the network recognision is at the very beginning. That has
changed. I also saw no seperate /home, but that might be because I only
had 7.8GB available.

Default KDE needs CD 1-3+5 Only 41 packages from CD3 and 21 from 5.

At this moment it is installing and I am going to sleep a bit.

houghi

I wait with bated breath on something approaching a stable release
candidate. I don't mind beta bits but alpha is just a little too nerve
wracking!

  • Re: makeSUSEdvd/boot to "dvd" for install
    ... houghi wrote: ... root ... I was able to boot into the installation screens and all went ... I am sorry about the large delay in responding to your last message. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Suse 10.1 Remastered
    ... On 2006-10-25 13:07, houghi wrote: ... license for each installation of the Software and for each ... So just register each and every copy, ... At least they can write on the box that the kernel is linux, and most software is GNU, to give them some credits for all the work that make linux possible to use. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: opensuse is 11.2 is out
    ... Oh, no, houghi! ... I did a new installation that took me some two hours. ... So what I first did was launch KDE, ... KDE in one screen and windowmaker in the other. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Firefox 1.5.0.7 RPM
    ... houghi wrote: ... When I do a new installation, I am aware that there might be issues, so ... It is mainly the scripts I wrote for crontab that worry me. ... Motorcycling, Boating and SUSE Linux: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: HP 2210 Printer Scanner problems in 10.2
    ... houghi wrote: ... based installation and see if there is any differnce. ... Worked flawless. ... I popped in my mp3 player and that was recognised as such, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)