No sound with OpenSUSE
- From: Tom Mehlkop <tom.mehlkop@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:50:47 +0200
I've recently installed openSUSE 10.2 with KDE 3.5 as my desktop, but can't
get my sound cards working. Before SUSE I used Fedora Core 6, which didn't
have any trouble in that area. I've Googled numerous internet pages for
possible reasons, and followed the instructions on them for solving the
problem, but without success so far. I've tried configuring my sound cards
with YaST2 and alsaconf, configuring only one of two cards, installing en
uninstalling mixer software packages, etcetera, but alas ...
I have a Dell Dimension 9150 with two sound cards:
- SB Audigy LS
- CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
Both of them are detected by YaST.
All volume levels in all mixers are turned up as far as I can see. But no
sound at all.
I'm relatively new to Linux (trying to make the big step from Windows), and
not really a technical specialist in this area.
Has anyone had the same problem?
- Prev by Date: Re: next suse: Microsoft Advantage Linux
- Next by Date: Re: Restricting upload and dowbnload speed
- Previous by thread: next suse: Microsoft Advantage Linux
- Next by thread: Re: No sound with OpenSUSE