Re: multimedia

Vahis wrote:
houghi wrote:
s. keeling wrote:
"Switching from Windows to Linux is like switching from a car to a
motorbike."

In that case I rather go back to using Windows.

houghi

I was almost sure that you would come up with some
comparison/metaphor where the motorbike would be beer :)

No, beer is something good. Also to me motorbikes are more like Windows
then like Linux.
They look cool, yet when you actualy use it, you notice its limitations.
It lacks stability a LOT. In fact so much that you must work on the
stability all the time, otherwise you crash and when you crash, it will
be severe.
It is fun, but not functional in almost any case. It is not realy build
for more then one person. It is more about image and show then anything
else.

A car is build for functionality. Each car has its own purpose. From
small to capable carying several people otr many tons. They do not fall
over without a reason¹.

Windows and Harleys are made by Americans. Linux and Volvo by Swedish
speaking people. Coincidence? I think not. Give me the choice between
any Harley and a Volvo XC90 and I will pick the Volvo each and every
time.

houghi
--
Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,

  • Re: multimedia
    ... houghi wrote: ... In that case I rather go back to using Windows. ... comparison/metaphor where the motorbike would be beer:) ... No, beer is something good. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Is SuSe ready for me yet?
    ... houghi wrote: ... I don't need a "professional relationship with Windows" to use it and I ... Sorry, password is not secure, please enter your password. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Why I stay with Linux
    ... >> way the reason I stay with Linux is that it may not be perfect but it is ... >> the closest thing that we have compared to Windows. ... >you like evrything, because it is new, then you start to compare whith ... Nice one Houghi ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Screenshot of KDE4 window thumbnails - how?
    ... houghi wrote: ... screen I get thumbnails of all the windows and can select one. ... I want to take a screenshot of the display in that state; ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Hard Drive Access
    ... houghi wrote: ... I made an 8 gig partition so that I could share files between SuSE and Windows. ... The problem is the SuSE sees it but I get permission denied when I try to access it. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)