Re: nVidia Driver problem

Gordon Darling came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
ago in alt.os.linux.suse:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:04:20 +0000, EOS wrote:

I'll keep playing and see what I can find.

why not install the older kernel, whre nvidia will works, downgrade ;-)

I'd thought of that but I think that may cause other problems.

I emailed Nvidia support with copies of nvidia-bug-report.log along with
the output from glxinfo.

The reply was

"I'm afraid that I do not see anything wrong in your bug report that
would suggest a driver bug. You'll need to contact SUSE about this
issue, as it looks like a configuration problem with your window manager
(s)."

So, something really weird is going on! I've a spare IDE drive (on /dev/
hdc and my main SuSE 10.2 is on the SATA drive /dev/sda) with Mandriva
Spring 2007 on it. I will probably try wiping Mandriva and installing the
latest OpenSuSE 10.3 Beta on /dev/hdc and see if I can get the 3D effects
back again.

Thanks,
Gordon

Tried installing the nvidia driver as an update? :\
--
This message has not been checked for viruses or other malware because it
was posted from a Linux system. Any malware which may find its way onto the