Re: nVidia Driver problem

Gordon Darling came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
ago in alt.os.linux.suse:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:04:20 +0000, EOS wrote:

I'll keep playing and see what I can find.

why not install the older kernel, whre nvidia will works, downgrade ;-)

I'd thought of that but I think that may cause other problems.

I emailed Nvidia support with copies of nvidia-bug-report.log along with
the output from glxinfo.

The reply was

"I'm afraid that I do not see anything wrong in your bug report that
would suggest a driver bug. You'll need to contact SUSE about this
issue, as it looks like a configuration problem with your window manager
(s)."

So, something really weird is going on! I've a spare IDE drive (on /dev/
hdc and my main SuSE 10.2 is on the SATA drive /dev/sda) with Mandriva
Spring 2007 on it. I will probably try wiping Mandriva and installing the
latest OpenSuSE 10.3 Beta on /dev/hdc and see if I can get the 3D effects
back again.

Thanks,
Gordon

Tried installing the nvidia driver as an update? :\
--
This message has not been checked for viruses or other malware because it
was posted from a Linux system. Any malware which may find its way onto the

  • Re: [opensuse] 11.0 DVD fresh install: boot to command line
    ... When installing a backup Debian I encountered a few minor ... 05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX ... and click Accept, set your display up as explained below, and then run yast ... IF YOU DON'T HAVE A WORKING nvidia DRIVER INSTALLED, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: No video
    ... I just tested DVD with NVIDIA dvd decoder installed. ... no video still. ... drivers. ... Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: nVidia GeForce + Linux
    ... >>I'm new to Linux and have installed Linux Fedora. ... >>I've downloaded and installed nvidia drivers from nvidia.com. ... >>hours installing it, and i've read the whole READE file that came with the ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: re nvidia drivers
    ... > I'm still trying to install nvidia drivers. ... > Can anyone explain why the nvidia kernel cannot be seen? ... follow these steps which I will include and build the driver again ... Bob's guide to installing the nVidia driver on Debian ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Power issues (Standby and Hibernate)
    ... I downloaded the latest drivers from the Nvidia ... installing all my drivers and apps etc, I realised that the PC would ... not enter standby or hibernate correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)