Re: 10.2 partitioning. Sucks!

Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1@xxxxxxx>:
Rajko M. wrote:

If you managed SUSE Linux 10.1 than openSUSE 10.2 should be a cake walk.
The Expert Partitioning:
- will list swap and all other partitions,
- will obey limits that you set
so I don't know what you call expert mode. There are 2 other choices based
on YaST proposal, that are not expert mode.

I also had problems with the partitioning. It looked to me as if the
swap partition must be "formatted" somehow, before SuSE can use it. At

Our swap ptn was already "formatted". It's the same swap ptn used by
the other two Linuxes on the box, and it was the swap ptn the
installer was using at the time. However, it was never mentioned in
the list of existing ptns, despite the fact that the installer was
already using it.

(*) Linux Counter #80292

  • Re: three questions about Suse
    ... the swap is required before the YaST can start ... the partitioning tool). ... I see this often with SuSE installs on lowRAM machines. ... My suggestions to the OP was to first try a text install. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: how run linux from CD, porblem is very problematic
    ... You need to choose expert mode - just type "expert" at the boot ... The installer *should* load ok ... you set up swap space. ... the disks and partition them. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: how run linux from CD, porblem is very problematic
    ... You need to choose expert mode - just type "expert" at the boot ... The installer *should* load ok ... you set up swap space. ... the disks and partition them. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: how run linux from CD, porblem is very problematic
    ... You need to choose expert mode - just type "expert" at the boot ... The installer *should* load ok ... you set up swap space. ... the disks and partition them. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Loader, MBR and the boot process
    ... Unless by "swap first" you meant the on-disk location, ... uncommented the swap line in the partitioning part again, ... gpart create -s BSD "$"s1 ... Putting the swap into it's own slice and then putting FreeBSD into ...
    (freebsd-questions)