Re: Install from .tar.gz

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
David Bolt wrote:

All the more reason to look and see if a spec file is inside the
archive. If there is, it makes removing the packages a lot easier than
if you use the make/make install.

I'm writing programs since 40 years now, and I think that I can find
spec files in archives of every kind.

It's nice how you all are kidding, but that doesn't help anybody :-(

The questions you asked are more from someone who just stared compiling,
let alone programming. Hence the answers in that directions.

So the answer to you first question is:
createrepo (Can't believe you have not used that in 40 years of

We all came out to Montreux Frank Zappa and the Mothers
On the Lake Geneva shoreline Were at the best place around
To make records with a mobile But some stupid with a flare gun
We didn't have much time Burned the place to the ground