Re: Install from .tar.gz

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
David Bolt wrote:

All the more reason to look and see if a spec file is inside the
archive. If there is, it makes removing the packages a lot easier than
if you use the make/make install.

I'm writing programs since 40 years now, and I think that I can find
spec files in archives of every kind.

It's nice how you all are kidding, but that doesn't help anybody :-(

The questions you asked are more from someone who just stared compiling,
let alone programming. Hence the answers in that directions.

So the answer to you first question is:
createrepo (Can't believe you have not used that in 40 years of
programming)

houghi
--
We all came out to Montreux Frank Zappa and the Mothers
On the Lake Geneva shoreline Were at the best place around