Re: Install from .tar.gz

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
David Bolt wrote:

All the more reason to look and see if a spec file is inside the
archive. If there is, it makes removing the packages a lot easier than
if you use the make/make install.

I'm writing programs since 40 years now, and I think that I can find
spec files in archives of every kind.

It's nice how you all are kidding, but that doesn't help anybody :-(

The questions you asked are more from someone who just stared compiling,
let alone programming. Hence the answers in that directions.

So the answer to you first question is:
createrepo (Can't believe you have not used that in 40 years of
programming)

houghi
--
We all came out to Montreux Frank Zappa and the Mothers
On the Lake Geneva shoreline Were at the best place around

  • Re: format for data storage?
    ... >> you don't even know anything about programming. ... >> The only reason I'm using Google is for the archiving. ... > You should know that your articles will normally appear on Google ... It can be very useful for searching the archives, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Organising the archives of Comp.DSP
    ... - Theory -> Fourier Transforms ... - Theory -> Statistical Signal Processing ... - Programming -> Matlab ... be augmented/improved to organise in the best possible way the archives. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Suggested MEMLIMIT value for SMFPRMxx
    ... Either change IEFUSI or SMFPRMxx - dynamically if needed (both are very ... This has nothing do to with "needs", it has to do with preventing a programming ... of crashing my system besides gobbling up gigabytes of virtual storage ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Would logo count as an introduction to lisp?
    ... >> If you don't know any programming language, ... >> Some basic Common Lisp or some scheme. ... The point is that there are two kinds of newbies: ... > search archives many months or even a few years after the fact to get ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • RE: Whats a programming language
    ... No. You're not imagining it at all. ... Subject: What's a programming language ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)