10.3 repair options abort

Selecting either the repair on the grub menu from the DVD or repair after
selecting install > other > repair shut the system down immediately and
rebooted.

This is with an installed 10.3 system (not beta or RC) that works for the
most part. My original DVD had a checksum error I didn't catch and it
installed except for qt3. Update didn't fix it even though it warned me
about it. This should not prevent it from doing a repair from a good DVD.

I made a new DVD with valid checksum and first installed it onto a Compaq
Evo N400c laptop and it works very well [700M Pentium III, 256M RAM, 20G
HD]. Then I attempted the repair options to see if it would replace the
missing files. I am doing a full reinstall currently.

John

.