10.3 repair options abort

Selecting either the repair on the grub menu from the DVD or repair after
selecting install > other > repair shut the system down immediately and
rebooted.

This is with an installed 10.3 system (not beta or RC) that works for the
most part. My original DVD had a checksum error I didn't catch and it
installed except for qt3. Update didn't fix it even though it warned me
about it. This should not prevent it from doing a repair from a good DVD.

I made a new DVD with valid checksum and first installed it onto a Compaq
Evo N400c laptop and it works very well [700M Pentium III, 256M RAM, 20G
HD]. Then I attempted the repair options to see if it would replace the
missing files. I am doing a full reinstall currently.

John

  • Re: Lost "Repair My Computer" Option in F8 Boot Advanced Startup Options Menu
    ... I have a one month old Toshiba Satellite. ... also gave me the option to "Repair My Computer" and hence Run Recovery ... You have an OEM install, so the boot options may vary from vendor to vendor. ... You would have to use a DVD that matches the key type you have, ...
  • Re: [SLE] Changing Installation Source brings to file system crash
    ... I installed originally from the commercial DVD, and I had not done anything to change the Installation Source, so that whenever I updated/installed something (say, from Packman), and the system needed to get something from the install media, it would look for the DVD. ... None of it worked, until I stumbled upon an old message exchange in which somebody advocated running the Repair function. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: In Place Upgrade on non SP1 machine using SP1 DVD?
    ... |>Your situation is that you want to run a repair install with the ... |>with Vista" that the OEMs get away with shipping. ... |>they were going to ship a Vista DVD with each and every box. ... |>install, or using what will fix a wide range of software caused no boot ...
  • Re: [SLE] 9.3 partial install
    ... >> the first boot came up it went straight to the kdm login prompt. ... >> I don't consider this the fault of SuSE as the DVD drive is going bad ... >> and I ignored many install errors. ... > Can you reboot with the DVD in the drive and repair (and repair, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Problem reading CD-ROM/DVD Filesystem
    ... Perform a Repair Installation ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ... settings for the CD-ROM to the settings working under SAFE MODE? ... Meaning all works perfectly for the first CD or DVD I read. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)