Re: Problem finding harddisk while installing openSuse 10.3

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 15:06 +0100, Huub wrote:
Hi,

When I boot the machine, BIOS reports the harddisk is there as only
harddisk being on 2nd IDE Master. When the DVD then checks for the
presence of a harddisk, it says "No harddisk found". Anyone with a clue?

Thanks.

Try:
pci=nommconf

  • Re: Problem finding harddisk while installing openSuse 10.3
    ... BIOS reports the harddisk is there as only ... harddisk being on 2nd IDE Master. ... just tested with Fedora 7 DVD: ... try kernel parameter 'pci=nomsi' as stated here: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Problem finding harddisk while installing openSuse 10.3
    ... BIOS reports the harddisk is there as only harddisk being on 2nd IDE Master. ... When the DVD then checks for the presence of a harddisk, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Problem finding harddisk while installing openSuse 10.3
    ... BIOS reports the harddisk is there as only harddisk being on 2nd IDE Master. ... When the DVD then checks for the presence of a harddisk, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • SATA controller
    ... I am a VC++ developer. ... presence of SATA type controller(specifically for harddisk) programmatically? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Looking for backup software of complete system
    ... > What I have tried in the past is to clone the harddisk using the harddisk ... to backup my laptop and then burn the tar-balls on DVD. ... system restore once and from the mounted DVD you just do: ... DVD so usually I keep a copy of the last backup tar-ball on the disk. ...
    (Fedora)