Re: probs with floppy drive 10.3

Mark South wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:45:11 -0500, Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:

What's a floppy drive?

It's what we used to save files on when our computers were still
steam-driven.

Back then I had several programs on one floppy disk, and one floppy was
good for a month's worth of documents. Now I get emails with attached
documents > 10MiB every day.

  • Re: Java Version 5 Update 9 Problem???
    ... A quick Google for "Fujitsu drive diagnostic" would have brought you ... It calls for a 1.44 floppy disk and I don't have a floppy ... computers are complicated machines and there is no shame ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Cant see files on a full CD-Rw
    ... > I basically used it as a floppy disk in that I dragged and dropped ... The funny thing is that all the other computers in our office ... >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... >> CD and DVD Data Recovery and Rescue tool: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Java Version 5 Update 9 Problem???
    ... It calls for a 1.44 floppy disk and I don't have a floppy ... You cannot adequately test a hard drive from within Windows. ... computers are complicated machines and there is no shame ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Why is the Hard Drive called "C" by default?
    ... The PC came with one or two 160k floppy disk drives and an optional ... yes A and B were used for floppy drives. ... So hard drives still start at C, ... and A and B are generally not used in new computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Recovering file only saved to disk
    ... I know that Word generates temp files and backs up a file ... directly to a 3 1/2-inch floppy disk. ... from several computers. ...