Re: Evolution authentication problem with MS exchange OS10.3

Hi Robert

When I use to run Exchange 5.5 it was DOMAIN/USER/MAILBOX , this becomes
DOM/User/User (since the username and mailbox alias are usually the same).

I believe MAILBOX can also be the exchange alias in later Exchange versions.

I use to sync an Exchange 5.5 and UOW IMAP4 server in a corporate
environment between two cities. Actually run over dial-up! Used a
mixture of fetchmail and rsync. Worked well, but I remember having those
login problems with the fetchmail setup.!

Cheers Bob

Robert Walland wrote:

I've tried everything domain\username, username, username@xxxxxxxxxxx My
web access is working fine but not with evo.

  • Re: Final word about 2007 POP3 IMAP
    ... Yes, the mailbox alias and the domain account are the same, the Exchange ... server is in the company.local domain, email addresses are company.net, could ... username in the form DOMAIN/USERNAME/ALIAS. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)
  • Re: Proxy Server and Exchange Set up VB Script
    ... Resource Kit to prespecify the mailbox name and server. ... %username% and the server name I set here is simply "exchange". ... create a DNS A record for "exchange" and point it at my actual Exchange ... This is because the mailbox alias isn't the first on the list of attributes ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
  • Re: POP service does not recognize changes in domain userid
    ... the username and the mailbox alias (not the email ... Exchange Consultants - "The most important exchange is knowledge." ... > Both bob and boblastname are attempted via POP3 and both fail. ... was done as a pre-2000 userid change. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.clients)
  • Re: IMAP4 Account authentication
    ... the slash any more (since Exchange 5.5), but I could easily be wrong. ... Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP: ... If the mailbox alias is different to the user account name, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.development)
  • Re: OWA login problems
    ... But anyway, since just using USERNAME works from the desktop, this indicates ... Maybe one of the authentication ... Outlook Web Access For PDA, ... the Virtual Directory named Exchange and select properties. ...