failed shields up test

Hi,

I installed 10.3 on both my computers now and I tested their security today
on grc.com. All ports were closed according to the test, but a ping was
returned.

I looked into th efirewall settings, but found no allowed services in DMZ,
internal - and external zone. I use a Fritz!box modem that has it's own
firewall.

What can I do to solve this?

TIA, Derk

  • Re: The page can not be displayed
    ... It turned out to be a DNS problem. ... some computers were using the DNS from the ISP that ... about the same time as the latest MS security updates. ... > Can the machine in question, ping these sites successfully? ...
  • Re: Open Ports after Port Scanning
    ... domain computers which is what those ports are used for. ... computers for vulnerabilities that include missing security updates so you ... can see that it can be very productive to have those ports available. ... Having said that it may make sense to use the Windows Firewall like Mike ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: telnet, ftp and Win98 possible?
    ... so security is not a problem yet. ... I know have two dual boot computers on a network. ... I can ping the linux computer when both are in linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • RE: Home Networking Problem
    ... > connect them both directly through the ports on the computers. ... > using the set-up wizard on XP. ... The computers don't even detect each other and I can't ping ...
  • OT: What will he do next?
    ... That was National Security. ... President Bush said Tuesday that a deal allowing an Arab company to take ... Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist urged the administration to ... Ports World, a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)