Re: Window title bar disappeared

Joost van der Waa schreef:

When I start kwin in a terminal window I get a window title back for
that window.
The message I get is:
Kbuildsycoca running
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections

But the end of the story is that after that my keyboard is completely
dead for any window I open.

Does this give you any clue how to solve this problem?

Nope, not really, but it shows that kwin can run.
As for the keyboard being dead, it should have nothing to do with kwin.

Try to add a new user to the system and see if this new user can run kde
without problems, just to rule out this is a systemwide problem.
Most likely something is screwed in your ~/.kde directory.
If the latter, then backup your existing ~/.kde directory delete the ~/.kde
directory and restart kde.
This will give you a fresh kde desktop.
Unfortunaly this will also wipe out any settings for your kde programs, like
knode or kmail.
But you can copy them back from your backup.
Most settings are in ~/.kde/share/apps and ~/.kde/share/config.
--
Chris Maaskant

  • Re: Window title bar disappeared
    ... Chris Maaskant wrote: ... DCOP Cleaning up dead connections ... dead for any window I open. ... Try to add a new user to the system and see if this new user can run kde ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Window title bar disappeared
    ... DCOP Cleaning up dead connections ... But the end of the story is that after that my keyboard is completely ... dead for any window I open. ... Try to add a new user to the system and see if this new user can run kde ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Window title bar disappeared
    ... DCOP Cleaning up dead connections ... dead for any window I open. ... Try to add a new user to the system and see if this new user can run kde ... Hi Graham, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [kde] Skin
    ... "all applications running under kde" have potential scope issues, ... If you intended to mean "all qt-based apps, ... kde normally has little or no control over their appearance. ... but don't always work well with the window translucency ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Release 4.8.3
    ... (which many distros didn't ship at all, sticking to updates of kdepim 4.4 ... A lot of it there depends on what kde components ... Kwin's window rules dialog is where you go if you have a window that you ... computer, and don't use kde tools (konqueror, kmail, knode, kopete, ...
    (KDE)