Re: 32 vs. 64 bit DVD

Stephan Bird wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:43:18 -0800 in
12856569-9852-436c-9fb9-0c9d348db002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Drazen
Gemic <trenchsol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've ordered OpenSuse 32 bit and OpenSuse 64 bit DVDs. As soon as I
received the media I discovered that I can't tell which is which. The
labels on both discs are just 'OpenSuse 10.3'.

How can I tell the difference. I have an older Celeron based notebook,
and installation program should be smart enough to abort on it, at least
I hope so.

Is there a more elegant way ?

Check the MD5 sums? (from, seems to be timing out on me though)

Did you look at the dvd contents? Look in the boot directory. The 32 bit
version has a i386 directory under boot. The 64 bit has a x86_64
directory instead. Plain as day.